Monday, July 18, 2011

This Week

The Kuhns came to TEXAS on Sunday! It was so great to see them. Brandon came because he had trainings through work. He was busy most of the day and so was Todd so Danielle, Makayla, TJ and I hung out until the boys got done everyday. We swam, shopped, played games and watched the two kids play! TJ and Makayla really loved each other! Makayla kept asking if "TG" was going to come and do all the things we were doing. It was cute. And thanks to Makayla, TJ learned how to walk! It's crazy to see his waddling across the room to whatever he wants. He stands up whenever he can, like when he's near a wall, a chair, the couch, ANYTHING to stand up on.
Best buds!
Makayla liked TJ so much that she made their pacifiers "kiss"! Awwww...

WALKING!!

Teaching him how to walk in their hotel room
Brandon's training was held at the Gaylord Texan. It is a huge resort in Grapevine, Texas (about 35 mins away from us). We got to go there for lunch at a restaurant inside the resort. It was really good and all you can eat. We also got to go on a tour of Cowboy Stadium and Ranger's Stadium/Field with the group. More about that later...

Inside the atrium of the Gaylord Texan

Cutest girl ever!

Loved it!

It was so fancy, down to the detail. And this isn't the lobby, this is a hallway...
It was a good week. The Kuhns were a little bit far away so that was a difficult thing to deal with. We always had to keep rush hour traffic in the back of our minds and plan around it. But we actually did really well and weren't in too much traffic throughout the week. We switched off where we were at nights and spent about equal time at their hotel room and our apartment.

We went out to dinner at Up in Smoke in Fort Worth. Adam Anderson met us there so that was fun to see him, plus Tiffany and Rock are in Boise for a month. Adam will join them this week or next, I don't remember. I didn't like Up in Smoke. I didn't really realize {and it's totally my fault} that it was going to be smoked meat. I guess I don't like smoked meat. I don't like the taste. I got the ribs because I know I liked ribs, but they didn't taste as good as I thought. Everyone else seemed to like their meals so I guess it's still a good restaurant. :)

Danielle and I walked around Grapevine Mills Mall twice during the week. We got lots of samples at the food court. That's what they do in that mall. You just walk back and forth from place to place and get samples. That really helps you to decide where to eat! :)

We also hit up Sam Moon. I really like their bags and jewelry. I wish we could've bought everything in that store and I feel that way everytime I go there.

I was very impressed by how well Brandon and Danielle figured out their way back and forth and around the area so quickly. They didn't need directions after a few days. They pointed out a few quirky things about Texas. The road signs or signage anywhere is terrible. Well, I never really noticed it, but once they pointed it out, there are some really confusing areas. Also Texas has fire lanes every where! They paint read lines all over. Behind every car in the parking lot there are red lines with fire lane notifications everywhere. I guess they have a problem with double parking in parking lots. I dont' get it. Every curb imaginable is painted red also like along the street. Kinda funny. In Idaho and Utah the fire lane is just the area right in front of the building, not the whole concrete/asphalt area within a mile of the building. There's not even fire hydrants close to the "fire lanes."

See how the fire lane continues to behind the car?
On Friday, all of us {except Todd} went to tour the Cowboy's and Ranger's stadiums. We should've done the Ranger's Stadium first because it wasn't as impressive but it was still neat and I learned a lot. I think instead of posting a lot of the pictures here I'll do it on Facebook with good captions. The kids were done after Cowboy Stadium so that was a little hard, but they still did super good. One cool thing, I got to breastfeed in Cowboy Stadium, how many people get to say they did that!!! :)
We got a professional photo taken on the star. {Sorry about the quality, I had to scan it in.}

The jumbo tron! 160 ft wide, 70 ft tall {as tall as a 7 story building}, 2nd largest HD screen in the world!

Doing his football face! hahah

Big smile! Do you like his Cowboy's outfit?! Blue, and gray with stars!

Crawling on the field

Tony Romo's "locker" aka cubby {Each cubby has imported wood from Africa and cost $9,000!}. Not the way the "locker room" is shown on TV or movies...

Ranger's Stadium from the dugout
Anyway...this is a long post. The kids were good, the company was amazing, the sights were very cool and the fun was all we ever wanted! Thank you Kuhns! We miss you!

2 comments:

  1. I told Mom about nursing in the cowboy stadium and she said "cool. What a woman!"
    :)
    I'm glad you got to see them. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Not the Rangers! Haha, jk. Mostly ;)

    ReplyDelete