Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Education vs. Degrees

I may only be getting an Associate Degree and I know in many eyes that an Associate is not that great. But I have been going to this school long enough to almost get a Bachelor’s. President Hinckley did not say, “Get a Bachelor’s Degree.” He said, “Get all the education you can.” I have been educated and I will still keep learning once I leave this place. Education is completely different from degrees. I have learned the things I am interested in learning and the things I never wanted to learn, but I’m really glad I did. I will be able to use the things I have learned here later in life. I know I will. People say that they never thought they would use the knowledge they gained ever again. But since I believe and think the opposite, I try to learn and retain as much as possible.

This has been the best place for me to be and the best place for me to learn. I have grown so much and wouldn’t trade these times, or the cold weather I went through, for anything.

"We are trying an experiment here. We think this school is different from any other university in America. I submit that this campus, with its adjoining buildings, may literally offer a foretaste of heaven."- President Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment