![]() |
| My tools of torture, at least that's what it felt like |
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Sick Kid
TJ had never been sick and he has just gotten over a 2 1/2 week cold or something. Having a sick kid is the worst!! Never try it! Todd and I were both sick as well. We were all miserable. Todd still has a cough and I still have a little sore throat.
It was hard for TJ to sleep because of his cough and congested then runny nose. We had to get a humidifier which didn't seem to help much. I had to use the bulb syringe multiple times a day to clear out his nose. It was hard for him to eat when he couldn't breathe through his nose. He did learn to breathe through his mouth though which is a useful skill. :) It was sad; he would be sucking on his pacifier and then have to open his mouth to breathe and catch his breath but then he wanted to suck on his pacifier again and then repeat the whole process. Not fun. This made it hard for him to settle down and get to sleep because we use his pacifier to do that but he couldn't suck it. Anyway...it wasn't a pleasant experience. He didn't enjoy the taste of the Tylenol either but it seemed to help him sleep better. He definitely wasn't his usual self and we could tell when he was getting better because he started cooing and laughing and playing more. He seems all better now, which is why I'm writing now. I needed to see the end of the tunnel before I blogged about it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment