It was so fun to go to Texas and hang out with Tiffany (my sister-in-law) and Rock (who is 3 months older than TJ, 9 months). Tiffany's husband Adam went to Afghanistan for 3 weeks and she wanted someone to keep her company, understandably. He works for a company, it's not like he's in the military. She paid for the plane ticket and TJ and I took off for a week.
![]() |
| This is what we left in SLC |
TJ was pretty good on the plane. It was just take off and landing that were the sticklers. He was really tired because I wanted him to sleep on the plane as much as possible and his bottle was still cold from the fridge. Thankfully, the lady I was sitting next to was LDS and a grandma so she understood and helped out. TJ liked her watch.
We got to Fort Worth and it was warm and lightly sprinkling. As soon as we got into Tiffany's car we nursed. Funny that the first thing I do in Texas is nurse. It was the last thing I did too. :) We went to a little playground that is situated in her neighborhood and the boys swung on the swings. TJ had only had that one other time swinging in the pack with Todd and he was VERY uncomfortable.
![]() |
| Rock had fun though! |
The boys were fascinated with each other as they have been each time we've gotten them together. They fought over a few toys and grabbed each other's eyes and sucked on each others heads, hands and feet but we know they will be best friends since they'll grow up together.
![]() |
| Cute naked boys |
Gary also flew in and spent some time with the boys. He was in Chicago on a business trip and flew down to Texas on his way home. Super out of the way but he said it was worth it. He was with us March 8th-10th. We went out to eat at Babe's which is a really good restaurant. They don't give you a menu because there are only two things: fried chicken and chicken fried steak. Then they come with sides. It was like a fancy KFC.
TJ had just started eating rice cereal. We gave it to him for the first time the night before we left so Todd could be there for it. He continued to eat it and now he's on to veggies! Yum!
George and Lorna's whole family came minus Josh and Matthew. It was fun to see them again and I know we'll see a lot more of them in the future. They loved meeting TJ and we had some good pizza and enjoyed playing Fill or Bust. Tiff and I played so many games while I was there. I kept losing and kept wanting to play until I won. There was an interesting pattern to the winner; they always started and always started with a Lose a Turn card. Hmmm...
Rock was a lot of fun. He's a bundle full of energy! He's got the walker down and runs all over the house. He's getting better at crawling and now has 5 teeth! He loves finding Roxy, the kitty and laughs hysterically over any little thing. Anything is a toy to him, especially whisks and spatulas. He LOVES to kick and I guess just recently figured it out. If you are sitting by his legs, watch out!! :)
TJ really learned how to roll while we were in Texas. I don't know if it was watching Rock that made him want to do it or if it was just his time, but he was a rolling fiend by the end of the trip. :) We took a day to check out apartment complexes for us to live in when we move (May 26-30). We drove all over the place and saw about 5 different places. We want to live in The Village. It's a huge community of a bunch of different complexes and it has so many amenities, it's like a country club. We like The Park best. It's close to downtown Dallas for Todd and a lot of stores for me. :)
We also went to the Fort Worth Stockyards. It was a cool atmosphere. Twice a day they let a herd of longhorn cattle walk down the street. I thought it was going to be more like running with the bulls and I wanted to pull the boys farther back onto the sidewalk but they just slowly walked. We went into a few stores around there as well. Then we went to Railhead for lunch. It was a really good BBQ place.
![]() |
| Our little Texan. He looks good in a cowboy hat. |
It was a great trip and it was nice to actually say that I've been to the state we are moving to. TJ really loves Tiffany. They bonded. TJ never cuddles and relaxes with me but I went to do something and came back and I saw this:
They were just chillin' watching TV. It was the cutest thing! I think he'll ask all the time to go over to Aunt Tiffany's house, and not just for Rock too! :)Thanks Tiffany for the great week! We had a blast!















No comments:
Post a Comment