I forgot to blog about the fun weekend we had with the Stilson's. They invited us to spend the weekend in their WorldMark condo. It was a huge condo with enough room to easily sleep 8 adults. We ate some great food, watched some of Brielle's Tinkerbell movies, watched some more adult movies, but not like "adult" movies, and visited the Abbey of Our Lady of the Holy Trinity (a Trappist monastery).
It was really cool for me to go to an actual monastery. We were there when they did church where all the monks gather in their robes and do a certain chant. They have different chants for every 3 hours of the day, I think. When I was in choir, we learned to chant and we got it pretty close. Their chapel had this big barreled vaulted white ceiling and pews for any visitors. Some people were really there for church and they knelt and bowed when they came and left. It was interesting to see how other people worship and live their lives.
We also went to the local grocery store about 8 or 9 times during the 2 1/2 days we were there! It was crazy!
Heidi and Jeremy announced that they were pregnant! She has just recently found out that they're having a BOY! Brielle is in denial; she really wanted a sister. And she keeps saying there are two babies, but the doctor has checked and there's only one. :)
It was fun watching the two kids play. Brielle started jumping on the bed and landing on her butt and I could just tell that TJ wanted to play SO BAD! So I let him jump on the bed too. He really enjoyed it and kept laughing at Brielle. She was really entertaining for everyone.


No comments:
Post a Comment