So, funny story. Tuesday night, Todd and I were getting ready for bed. I was brushing my teeth and Todd was changing into his PJs. I am taking a Pest Control class and we have to collect bugs for a bug collection. Anyway...while I was brushing my teeth I saw a spider on our bedroom door frame. At first I was super scared but then realized that I hadn't gotten a spider for my collection yet. I needed to go grab a vile and collect that spider. I screamed "SPIDER, SPIDER" and booked it to the kitchen where my viles are kept. Todd thought I had said, "FIRE FIRE" because that's what it sounds like when you have a toothbrush and and bunch of paste in your mouth. He was looking for smoke and flames and was completely convinced since I had just run into the kitchen as fast as I could. He came out of the bedroom really confused, looking for flames and I gave him the vile and pointed and said, "SPIDER!" He was really relived it was just a spider. He got it into the vile for me and I put it in the freezer. Then he explained why he was so confused! :) It was pretty funny.
Some things that have happened in the past week or so:
I cut Todd's hair and did it a little differently and he said that it is his favorite hair cut he's EVER gotten in his life!!! That made me super happy!! I am always worried about ruining my hansome husband's hair and having him have to deal with it for weeks. I have never taken a hair cutting course or anything. The only training I received was from my mom (who cut all our hair growing up) who just learned by experience. She just showed me how clippers work. I figured out the rest from watching so many hair cuts. I was definitely on a high when he told me that.
We have another clog in our plumbing. It just finally backed up a few days ago and we still haven't been able to get any plumber to come and fix it! We've tried a couple different places and they keep having excuses and postponing service until tomorrow and then tomorrow and so on. It is really getting frustrating. There is a ton of brown, nasty crap in our bathtub and we can't use our toliet. We can use the basement for showers and toliet usage but since I have to go so many times during the day, it is taking a toll. We are just super frustrated with these people.
Our little guy is getting bigger and stronger. His kicks are getting more pronounced but still haven't kept me up at night yet. Thank goodness. Todd has been trying to talk to him more so that he will recognize his daddy's voice and not just mine. Todd laid his head right onto my stomach, ear down, and talked to him about how they are going to go fishing and hunting and be best of friends. Junior kicked him twice in the face...cheek area. :) It was cute. It was almost like he understood and was excited for the outtings with his dad.
Feet are hurting more and I'm getting really tired lately and don't want to dress up or get cute for the day. I thought that was 3rd trimester stuff. 23 weeks.
Going to Winco soon! Super excited for a good grocery run with new meals on the menu!
We are really enjoying watching Modern Family. It's our new favorite show along with Psych and Monk.
I took my little sister, Kristin's senior pictures. I have hundreds of photos from the past year and now I am designing her graduation announcements. Lots of pressure but it's been so fun! She's gorgeous and so grown up now.
Todd got me a really sweet card and New Moon for Mother's Day! Last year he got me Twilight so it's becoming a tradition! He's the best husband I could ever ask for! He's better than I ever expected a husband to be like. More than I deserve sometimes.
It's so fun to read updates from you two!
ReplyDeleteYa right you deserve the best there is. I"m glad you are doing well, I hope you keep getting sleep and that your plumbing gets fixed!
ReplyDeleteCute stories. Can't wait to see this adorable baby you are going to have!