I've always enjoyed decorating cakes for mine and Todd's birthdays. My mom always did really great cakes for us kids growing up. She did Spongebob, a fighter jet, TMNT, My Little Ponies, a dinosaur, etc. Really great cakes.
But ever since Kristin started being interested in cake decorating as a cluster for school, I've been more interested in it too. Kristin and my mom took a cake decorating class in the community and did all sorts of fun cupcakes while I was there.
It would be fun if Kristin moved down to Texas with us and we could do a wedding package with me doing the flowers, and Kristin doing the cake and we are both amateur photographers so we could maybe do that too!
Anyway, my past cakes haven't been very eleborate or creative like this one I did for Todd's 25th birthday, this last August. It's cute but didn't take much skill.
This is the one I did for Todd's grandpa. He really likes golfing.
Then I couldn't think of anything super special for Todd's dad. He likes motorcycling and snow skiing but doing either of those would be really hard. Calista came up with the idea to do a Speed Limit sign with a "no" symbol over it. He turned 55 so this is what I came up with.
![]() |
| Pretending to blow out 55 candles since we didn't have any. |











Looks like you will become an excellent cake decorator just like mom. Those cakes look awesome. Keep it up.
ReplyDelete