Monday, March 3, 2014

Ceiling paint

Two coats of ceiling paint on the popcorn ceilings = tough
 
The ceilings definitely needed to be painted and it has helped seal in the popcorn so it doesn't just flake off when you touch it which just releases the asbestos.
 
I watched this video to find the best way to paint textured ceilings.
 
TJ says: "tttlhtrefdcvbghyuwqesa"
 
We used 12 gallons of matte paint to cover all the ceilings twice in the 2,200 sq ft house.
 
I first painted one direction. Let it dry and then painted the second coat going the other direction. That helped get the best coverage around all the pieces of popcorn. We used a 3/4" nap on the roller and probably could've used a 1" nap. I learned how to not get it all over my face so it wasn't too messy. My mom did a room and was COVERED in white freckles and big chunks of popcorn ceiling in her hair. :) I did get a few drops of paint on my contacts...not cool.
 

Here I am at work

Caulk master, and ceiling painter extraordinaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment