Thursday, December 15, 2011

I've been Crafty! Part 5

I bought this shirt {the green one} a few years ago and it just doesn't do what it used to for me. I hardly EVER wear it. I was a little worried about changing it and adding to it cuz I thought if I messed it up, I'd never wear it, but I never do so I had nothing to lose.

I found this on Pinterest and kind of combined a few different techniques, but I mainly followed this one. First I cut up Todd's old shirt. It was perfect because it was still 'white' but not stark white since my old shirt isn't really 'white' anymore either. They match nicely.
 I cut various sizes of circles, some hearts and some diamond shapes.

I made the flower part first. I used the diamond pieces and layed them on top of each other overlapping the petals. I folded the whole thing in half and put the thread through the bottom and then I folded it in half the other way and finished off the X at the bottom. I added some green tulle to it.


Then I started adding the other circles and hearts. I folded them in half then like an accordian and sewed them on right up against where the last piece was. I used the larger pieces closest to the flower and got smaller as I went.


Here you can see where they were attached to the shirt:

Then I just kept going, adding some tulle as I went.
Here is the finished product:



3 comments: